7.22.2006

The trouble with quotes about death is that 99.999 percent of them are made by people who are still alive.

- Joshua Bruns

i originally planned to get a really deep quote about death, but this one really stood out to me, everyone could use a little humor in these trying times...

i had just come off the cell phone and sent chrissy a text to the effect that i try to be as level headed as possible like my father... then no sooner than an hour or so afterwards as i was getting ready to head out my father comes down and tells me that he's died.
it didn't really hit me like a ton of bricks it was more like a jenga game, the tension slowly building until my mom walked in and i had to tell her that he had passed 5 minutes after the point. then it all came crashing down. i cried.
my dad started making calls almost immeadiately until he took a slight pause and all 3 of us embraced and we cried together.

i don't have much more to say yet, i'll post more as it comes to me

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

<3

the end.